Monday, August 30, 2010

Tag: Fashion Q+A!

There are a whole lot of beauty & cosmetic-related tags making their rounds through the blog-o-sphere, so i thought i'd search for a fashion-related tag to do, to switch it up a bit & to also give you a little insight to my style.  I found an 11-question fashion tag that meganheartsmakeup did a while back (link to that video here) & thought it looked interesting so i thought i'd do it!

Some of the questions were related to making Youtube videos, so i edited those questions to relate to blogging instead :).  Now onto the questions!

credit

1. What is your favorite accessory?
It's so hard to just choose one!  If i had to narrow it down, i would say: a great pair of stud earrings, a watch (always will be a classic :), a fabulous bag, & a smile :)

2. Who's your fashion role model? (In real life & Youtube/blogging)
I'm not exactly sure what this question means by 'real life' because Youtube is real life?  It's not like a tv show?  Haha, anyway... Like i answered in a previous post: i absolutely adore Rachel Zoe, Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen, & Whitney Port's style - anyone who has a Bohemian-chic, laid back style i love :).  Blogging & Youtube-wise, i love gathering inspiration from websites & blogs like Lookbook.nu & Fashion Toast (a recent love ♥), but i think anyone who wears what he/she wants to wear, without caring what other people think, and completely rocks it is a role model to me.

3. What do you always carry with you?
No matter where i go, i always have my Blackberry, iPod, & a water bottle in my bag.

4. What would you describe your style as?
I think i'm still in the process of trying out different styles & seeing what i feel most comfortable in, but i've noticed recently that i'm really drawn to flowy, girly pieces & hippie-chic type clothing.  I'm also leaning toward trying out a lot of different colors, as opposed to my usual black ensemble.  I love anything floaty, vintage, & floral.

5. Favorite: jeans, sunglasses, heels?
I think i'd have to say sunglasses!  I live in leggings, tights, skirts, & dresses, so jeans are kind of out for me :).  And as for heels, i absolutely adore drooling over a good pair of Louboutins, but since i'm so tall, they're kind of out of the question atm!  Sunglasses are more than just eye protection for me, they can be a total statement piece :)

6. What inspired you to blog about fashion?
I admit that i don't blog about fashion as much as i would like, but i digress.  I was inspired by other fashion bloggers, of course.  It was a little over a year & a half ago that i stumbled across the whole blogging-scene, and i just had to be apart of it - and i'm SO glad i did, words can't describe!  It's such an incredible thing to be apart of.

7. What is your favorite fashion store/shop?
Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, H&M, and Boston Store are where you'll see me shopping most of the time.  But i LOVE obsessing over stores that i don't even have access to, such as Topshop, Primark, etc., it's so sad haha.  I swear, when i go to England & France in April, i'll be all. over. that.
Oh, and of course i can't help but dream about owning lush Chanel handbags and glorious Miu Miu platforms *sigh*.

8. What is your favorite fabric in clothing?
I'd have to say cotton!  I live in cotton.  Cotton, leather, etc.  I don't really like wearing man-made materials at all to be honest.  Materials like wool i find i'm allergic to (which puts a major damper on my wanting to rock the chunky knit trend!) & they're also a bit scratchy i find.  So yeah, cotton all the way!

9. Who is your favorite designer?
This is a toughie.  I feel like i haven't seen enough designer's work to really state my favorites, but from what i've seen i love (these are basically all well-known): Alexander Wang, Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Karl Lagerfeld (is that even a question?), Valentino Garavani, Phillip Lim, Pierre Balmain, the late Alexander McQueen ♥.

10. Who/what inspires your style?
What doesn't inspire my style is the real question!  I'm genuinely inspired by everything around me.  Architecture, music & musicians, photography, nature, history, friends, old movies, along with bloggers & a select few celebrities, of course.

11. What would you choose to do - buy something in high quality or make it yourself if you could?
I think if i had the time & skills to make my own clothing, i would do it.  But of course buying high quality pieces is a great alternative & what i'll stick to for now :)

-

The lovely ladies i tag!:
Hannahh x at Beautylishious
Holly at heevans94
Sabrina at A Little Obsessed
Kirsty at Boo ♥
Kaneesha at Once in a Lifetime Alive
Kasey at The Duty of Beauty
Of course if anyone else fancies doing this tag, i'd love to read it!
xoxo





4 comments:

  1. Nice read, glad to know more about you.:D

    Like you, I always have my phone with me!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post !!! love making my own clothes too !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! thanks so much for tagging me (:<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for tagging me sweetie! Ill do it soon! :) xx

    ReplyDelete