Monday, April 4, 2011

Skincare miracle?

The title may be a bit dramatic, but read on. ;)
I'm always a bit hesitant to review skincare products since everyone's skin is different.  My own skin is always strange, it's either too oily or has dry patches and i've also struggled with really bad acne for a while now (thank god it's been under control for the past couple months *knocks on wood*).  I'm also really sensitive to fragrances, mineral oil, and parabens, so finding makeup & skincare products that suit my skin & that i actually like can be extremely frustrating.  But when i tried this product out, i knew i just had to have a bit of a rave on it.


The product in question is Yes to Tomatoes Skin Clearing Facial Mask from their "Clear Skin" range.  I'd been in the market for a face mask and heard good things about the Yes to Carrots/Cucumbers/Tomatoes (it varies haha), so i thought i would go with this one.  The first thing i did was look at the ingredients and saw that it was paraben-free and also had some really lovely-sounding ingredients in it (full list here).  I saw that it had fragrance in it so i was a bit skeptical about that, but it ended up not irritating my skin at all, big thumbs up.
I took it home and tried it out several times before i reviewed it for you lovelies so i could really see how it worked for me.  You only leave the mask on for five minutes - now, i was a bit confuzzled about that..i thought, how much could a mask do in five minutes?  But anywho...  So you put the product on your face and the texture is a bit, stiff?  Not sure how to describe it, but there's little particles in it (probably the Dead Sea salt).  It's not hard to put on though, just a bit less creamy than other face masks i've tried.

After you've left it on for five minutes, you wipe it off with a wash cloth and then close up your pores with a bit of cooler water.  I've found this face mask a bit hard to get off completely, but it's not too much of a problem.  My skin is left feeling deep cleaned and smooth, and then i just continue on with the rest of my skincare routine (toner & moisturizer).  I use this whenever my skin is breaking out with spots and nothing is seeming to help clear it up.  I do use this at night after i've cleansed my face and in the morning the spots have dramatically decreased in size and my skin is noticeably clearer.

I'm so glad i decided to give this product a try.  Since it's a product i use just once a week (at maximum.  I'd say i use this product like twice a month though) you don't go through it too quickly, so for $15, i'd say it's a pretty good value.  Again, i'm not sure how this product would work on drier skin types, as i have quite oily & acne-prone skin, but for those of you with skin similar to mine, i'd definitely recommend trying this out!

What are some of your favorite skincare products?

6 comments:

  1. Bit of a strange and maybes dumb question, but does it actually smell like tomato??

    I am obsessed with Soap & glory's pore mask Its amazing .

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Claire - No it doesn't! Haha, i thought it would too, but it actually smells a bit like old lady perfume lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you like it. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this line.

    I am a huge fan of Clarins skin care as well as St. Ives for an inexpensive alternative

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wanna try this too,
    too bad i can't find this in my country:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome, i definately want to try it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohhh we must try this!!!

    rad online vintage/reconstructed store for the "it" girl like yourself

    www.deepoca.net

    ReplyDelete